My favorite book from the coaching world is Think Like A Champion: Building Success One Victory At A Time by Coach Mike Shanahan.
I love this chapter where he lays out his 15 point plan to be a better team and teammate.
- Teams matter more than individuals
- Every job is important
- Treat everyone with respect
- Share victories and defeats
- Accept criticism
- Keep the boss well-informed
- Focus on your work ethic, not others
- Allow for difference in lifestyle
- Be more creative than predictable
- Let go of bad ideas
- Employ structure and order
- Reward those who produce
- Find different ways to motivate the employees
- Keep your employees fresh
- Protect your system
How can you incorporate these in to your program? Which ones are you doing great? Which ones need work?